Member type: Full Member (through Cefic) + RCLG
The chemical industry of Lithuania produces mainly bulk chemicals and plastics; various smaller volume products, include pharmaceuticals and gene engineering preparations.
The sector accounts for about 1% of GDP and is the second largest exporter after oil refining with a share of almost 10%.
The Association of Lithuanian Chemical Industry Enterprises (ALChIE) represents the main chemical sectors in the country and has 22 members. Members account for over 80% of chemicals produced in Lithuania. Including the oil refining sector, it represents over 7 500 employees.
Nitrogen and phosphoric fertilizers, plastics (PET), and oil refining products are the main bulk commodities manufactured by member companies. Household and other chemicals are produced on a smaller scale. Distributors and chemical logistic companies as well as educational institutions are also represented in the association.
- representation of members’ interests with the national authorities and EU institutions;
- providing information services and consultancy on chemical legal issues;
- co-ordination of Responsible Care in Lithuania;
- co-ordination of the national Sustainable Chemistry technology platform activities;
- establishing contacts between partners.
ALChIE The Association of Lithuanian Chemical Industry Enterprises
A Vienuolio 8-304
Phone : 370 5/2124175
Fax : 370 5/2124175
Dr. Giedrius Mažūnaitis